Friday, September 25, 2015

Travelling around South Island NZ

Friday, September 25, 2015
I don't have any solid plan for the trip actually before I start. I decided to go free and easy. Worrying too much bout budget and time limit just give me more headache. Haha. I'm not sure how much I've spend at the moment, but I estimate it should be within my budget as of now. I'll just calculate it after I go back to Opotiki :)

Well, so far so good for my trip. From Queenstown to Wanaka, then to Franz Josef and now to Hokitika. It's the 12th day since I left Opotiki. My further journey had just been decided. After Hokitika will be Christchurch by catching the Transalpine train in Greymouth. Then go up north to Kaikoura and to Picton.  Have to give up Lake Tekapo, all accomodations are full till mid October. Kinda disappointing. From Picton, catch a ferry to Wellington, then through Northern Explorer train to Hamilton and finally, back to Opotiki. Hopefully I'm able to take some unique photos using my xperia Z3C. Hoho~
-----------------
Some people had been asking me why travelling alone. I guess, it depends on the person him/herself. I do meet quite alot of solo travellers (although I didn't actually speak with them). For me, solo travelling gives me more time to recall my past, and think of my future. I wont get stressed by a travel partner, and best thing is, I can do whatever and go to wherever I want. Of course, there's pros and cons to it. 
Travelling around by bus can be tiring. Long hours of travel, but it's one of the best way to observe the changing landscape in South Island. 
The moment when everyone wanting to capture the perfect picture....

0 comments:

 
Design by Pocket (edited by me =P)